Technical Sales & Marketing
Homework 1: Sales and Marketing
1. This is an individual (not a group) homework assignment. Original work is required.
2. Locate and read at least three reputable articles/sources that discuss sales, marketing, and/or the differences between sales and marketing. List the title, date, author, publication and URL (if applicable) for these articles.
3. On the basis of all of the articles/resources, answer the following three questions: (Use your own words and complete sentences; include 3 or more key thoughts in your answer to each question.)
a) What are the primary responsibilities of the marketing department?
b) What are primary responsibilities of the sales department?
c) What are the similarities and differences between the two functions?
4. As we talked about in class, some organizations combine sales and marketing into the same functional area, and some organizations separate these two business areas. Prepare a list of debate arguments/points supporting that sales and marketing should be in the same functional group or in different functional groups depending on the first letter of your last name:
· If your last name begins with A-H, you will be on the “RED” team and should focus on reasons that sales and marketing should be in the same function within an organization.
· If your last name begins with I-Z, you will be on the “BLUE” team and should focus on reasons that sales and marketing should notbe combined in the same function within an organization.
5. List each of your debate points with detailed supporting arguments for each point.
6. Submit your HW to the Dropbox by the due date.
7. Be prepared to argue your assigned side during an informal group debate in class. For your reference purposes, have a spare copy of your homework available in class on the due date.
Get all these features for £70.94 FREE